Thursday, from 11th February

Lola took me up through Ainsty View to the back entrance to the allotment yesterday morning. We'd not been that way together in a while. She seemed uninterested in a long walk, and I wanted to spend some time at the allotment before meeting Ian and Andy at the Mews around 2pm, so I let her take me up through the ginnel between the Ainsty Co-op and Poplar Avenue. At the junction I gave her the option of going up Maple Drive or along Poplar Avenue towards Kings Meadow. It's been ages since we walked that way to where it's possible to join the Old Railway. After a little longer, heading towards the Bridge on Spofforth Hill, we were back at mum's little more than an hour later.

After three pints with Ian and Andy, and a somewhat uncomfortable few moments not knowing if I'd offended Andy, I went and collected Merry Legs who brought me back to the Mews. After her being smothered in affection by all the people in the bar area I took her for a short walk up Hallfield Lane, Audby Lane and deposited her with Emma for the evening.

Yesterday was a good day. The back patch of the allotment is looking good: it's almost ready for incorporating manure (which I will do next week all being well).

Mo has been in touch about several Ruby dog sitting jobs from April so on the back of that unexpected boon I've spend £180 on a lightweight 3 season pair of walking boots - the first pair of Scarpa I've purchased. The Altberg pair have been very uncomfortable since the fall between the slippy boulders in the Pyrenees back on the 10th September - when walking on a very murky and damp day between Vinça and Prades - I am sure it's somewhat psychological, but I don't feel at all comfident wearing them in the wet, and it's very wet underfoot at the moment!

Just awaiting Shelob to crawl down from her layer - she had the heating on full blast for ages last night - she's not going to save money that way! Why did I eat that Chunky KitKat before bed? Because it was offering itself to me...

In total I drank 4 beers yesterday - I was meant to stay off or restrict it to 2, but 3 were low in Abv and I didn't rush them off. Lola enjoyed the attention, and free food, in the Mews. Today we go on an adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts