Saturday... rain, snow and blue sky

Bumping into Holly, that's her name, who I met that Thursday early evening at North Bar, made the collosal crazy wet two hours between Scarcroft and The Lakeside in Roundhay Park worth it. That was the purpose of those 12 miles. She got on the 13A at Roundhay Road shops, next to KFC. Fate was the title of today's bus ticket and it was fate which brought her onto the bus. It took me some time to recognise her and I didn't know her name. Perhaps, if I see her again, I can ask her for her number?

At the flat I changed out of the wet/damp items of clothes, as the cloud cover broke and blue sky peeped through, and put the hot water on. But it's very busy in Leeds Centre and I am consigned to the last bar stool in FOH. I am not going to stay longer than the half. There is a vibrancy to Leeds. But I might head away from it...

The mission failed! Second half. But I am not bothered about more than a couple of halves. Tired. It was a tough last leg on this morning's walk.

...

Nearing home, well the flat - 69 eleventh floor - I have enjoyed today. There was pleasure to be had in the moments of silence. They were true. As I trudged through black mud on the disused railway I had the pleasure of tranquility. It's still with me. 

Comments

Popular Posts