Another Day

Is this the last year of peace in Europe, ever? God it brings me down! Watching the news with my mother three times a day and then crap nonsense television about doing up crap to sell. It's so trivial that maybe a huge war might reignite passions which seem lacking around here.

On Monday after the alcohol counselling I drank two 330ml of Orval and one Bad Seed pale pint. Today nothing. Two hot chocolate: so banal.

But war... It's going to get bad with sanctions against Russia! Why is Russia willing to push the west this way? Is it some perceived weakness - but the German Chancellor just backed out of the gas pipeline.

***

The sound of a Blackbird singing at dawn is the best sound to awaken to. The worst is the groaning of a cheap tart in the room next to me... 

Foreign language syndrome ... From a stroke.

To my right a flickering teatree light: quite vague and pretty meaningless, gutters all night long as if it is a prehistoric lamp. Surely the existence of these pseudo-candles is more pressing than the Ukraine being invaded? There is more flame in this artificial glow than any testicular frenzy?

***

I've found the best tinned tomatoes ever: Mutti Polpa is a divine tomato base which is so delicious that no one need ever buy out-of-season tomatoes again! Half the price and I am twice as happy...

***

Friday morning. The Invasion begins. Where are we heading now? Flights to Kyiv only £7.99 from Manchester. Plague followed by war. In 1918 it was a plague which ended the war.

***

My Goal is...

Comments

Popular Posts