Got COVID, mustn't travel.

For a few days - since Christmas Day - I felt I coming down with a cold, but yesterday I tested positive for COVID although I have none of the symptoms.

On Wednesday I was speaking to someone I value so on my way back to Wetherby on Thursday morning I picked up a week supply of LFT because I was worried my mother might be asymptomatic - she'd spent all of Christmas Day in my sister's, (and nephew's), company. And she tested positive for COVID on Wednesday.

On Thursday morning I took Lola for a long walk, around 3 hours or 8 miles, something we didn't manage on Christmas Day because I was dog sitting Ruby, to allow my mum to get up and about and then take a swab test. She sent me a message saying she was clear midway through the morning walk.

When I returned with Lola at noon, and after I'd had a bowl of homemade rooty veg soup, I thought just for peace of mind I'd take a lateral flow test too. It came back with two solid lines! I've got COVID!

Reflecting back to the last week, since Christmas Eve - when I was briefly around some friends at Wetherby Brew Co - I know of one person who reported they'd tested positive on Christmas Day. Everyone else in the groups spent much more time in his company, indeed for a while, because I don't feel comfortable at all surrounded by people anyway, I went and sat by myself. But it might have nothing to do with him and was probably just the venue. But no one else has tested positive.

This is all pointless conjecture as I might've picked it up anywhere and Brendan is a red herring.

Comments

Popular Posts