Saturday 18th December.

Back in the flat and in a freshly laundered bed at 6. Put a wash on of all the items that dog walking, etc, has soiled for the past week.

The bus was on time, very few folks got on it and it stopped very infrequently along the way. Coming down North Street I jumped off opposite the flat next to Wintoun Street and was back in 69 by 5.

Porridge prepared for breakfast as I head back on the first FirstBus X99, in the morning, to walk Lola again: Emma's out on the raz as Finley is over at his dad's until Wednesday.

Lola definitely had the 'hump' with me yesterday and today as I had Ruby in tow: her body language is dejected and seems to have a frown. It's to be expected as we're joined at the hip, but she really likes being out with Ruby. Ruby is more 'needy' and younger and I think Lola accepts it, if not very graciously.

She won't be happy on Christmas Day, as I am house and dog sitting for Ruby's owners, and we won't get our yearly special outing: just the two of us. But I'll bring Lola to Ruby's for a walk around the river, towards Collingham I think, if it's cold and crisp underfoot?

Maureen and Tony left me a lovely courgette soup and also a fantastic beef and choizo stew: but I still had a poor night's sleep: the duvet is simply too heavy/uncomfortable and I find the curtains let in too much street light.

The last two beers I had at the Brewery were probably too strong too, but I didn't drink them on an empty stomach: Sint Bernardus Prior 8(an 8% dubbel) 33cl. So nice in Winter: warming the cockles!

Comments

Popular Posts