how to break a day in half.

Like my split personality the day begins pretty peacefully but it ends in alcohol hell. Like Doctor Jeykll and Mister Hyde I pour a tonic for myself as the hours creep onwards. Every other day. So half the year. Then I hardly sleep from 3. I toss and turn with nightmarish thoughts trapped. Trying my left side, right side or on my back: never on my front (I can't sleep that way). By 5 or 5:30 I give in and get dressed. Have a brew and start the uphill climb to being clean again.

And I has such a gem like wonderful morning with Lola on the X70 to the Stray and then via Harlow Hill to Valley Gardens. I know she adores a bus journey. And she recognises where we are as we pass through Spofforth, passed the Crimple Beck, to Stonefall Cemetery. At the graveyard we often get off for a walk through the Great Yorkshire Show ground, so she gets a little more focused around there. But it's just a little too muddy at the moment to go there: bring on the spring.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve - the last day of those crappy songs which are played to death! If I hear George Michael again... Let it go. But they end up locked inside skull going round and round ceaselessly. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve so I plan to have a quiet sober one as I prepare for dog sitting on Saturday, Sunday and Monday for Ruby.

Comments

Popular Posts