Back on the 101

Yesterday I asked the House Keeper if it would be OK for me to do a brief wash of all my clothing, as it was utterly fetid, and she was fine with it. Once I returned from my morning walking through Clifton, Hotwells, Bristol Docks and Wapping I went upstairs and got all my clothes ready to wash and put the large towel I'd been given around my nether regions. Then I went downstairs to speak to her again to let me know when the wash she was doing would be finished so I could come down and wash everything. At this moment her 'partner', a man dressed only in denim knee length shorts, told me I couldn't walk around in just a towel: at first I thought he was being sarcastic, but slightly later, when he came upstairs to use the toilet, he re-enforced this by seeming to threaten me that if I left my room in only a towel he'd 'do something'. With an aging body covered in wrinkled tattoos he spoke daggers and I could clearly tell he was in no way sarcastic. But I didn't know what I'd actually done... He even went as far as to close my door on me...

Seriously I wasn't able to leave my room for two hours until the House Keeper deposited my clothing outside my door. But I don't know who this person was in relation to the guesthouse as he was nether the owner or the house keeper. They might have lived on site, but if they did I don't know where. When I returned from eating supper in Chance & Counters on the Christmas Steps, there was no evidence of either the house keeper or her partner.

This morning I woke from a deep sleep, refreshed myself, left to catch the 101 National Express, walking the entire distance as I had a couple of hours to kill prior to returning to Leeds the same way I had come, and wrote to Booking.com and the owner of Home from Home about the situation yesterday as I still don't know what I had done to cause him offence and felt his presence uncomfortable sat watching football on his laptop , semi-nude himself, at the kitchen table.

Comments

Popular Posts