Luxembourg Youth Hostel.

Luxembourg YH reminds me of Thameside in London: it's huge, boring and makes noises all the time! It's more modern than Thameside, but time will also ravage it's façade. And I bet, for everyone I knew in London, here in Luxembourg is an alternate reality consisting of the same politics and dynamics going on ( because Hostelling International or the Youth Hostel Association attracts the identical people through its door)! It's what makes my experience of them so consistently average.

Walking is now two days ago. The slight hangover and overwhelming tiredness I had yesterday has left me, but I know I definitely need a proper unbroken night's sleep. Soon I'll be able to climb my own bed - Saturday night - and let the weariness lift!

Check-out time is ten am. No need to hurry out the door, but breakfast is very tedious (cold) and coffee overwhelmingly bitter (machine vended). Persons are arriving for work to replace the night staff - soon their equivalent of Beverley will arrive and everyone will stand up straight!

Once I set foot in Leeds I need to get my strained shoulder checked as it's always the same now and I can't sleep long on either side without it waking me up due to it's acute pain.

Back to the canteen for a real coffee. And YH Luxembourg City has it's "Jean Claude", laughing his head off (and he works in the kitchen too) but he's from Gabon not Côte d'Ivoire! They're literally doppelgängers here.

Comments

Popular Posts