Wednesday 4th March, day 4.1.

Yesterday, as I walked and walked and walked, my frustration mounted and was becoming despair as I reached Bingen the long way! Today I'm away from Rüdesheim, the Rhine, Hildegarde Von Bingen and have joined the Römer Straße towards Trier. No more wading through the Rhine by the Alt-Brücke.

The means are always possible because I have no control so I must surrender. But what do I need to control? Be rudderless. Trust in The Way to find itself. Walk and be right there. Right here too. Don't allow any threat to breath toxicity where it has no power.

Although this problem was inevitable, as I've struggled to just walk without background fears in Germany before, I was gullible enough to expect being this close to the French border they'd be more infrastructure. It's not possible.

...

Nearing the end of the huge forest which has been my companion for more than an hour - perhaps two - passing power lines and a large network of turbines prior to following a stream up to a Lauschhütte with activities up in the trees. Just about at highest point as woodpeckers and other birds inhabiting the forest make their sounds. My rucksack is beginning to drive my shoulders crazy. Luckily today will be over shortly so I can drop this burden entirely. Short water break at the high point of today: Ohligsberg and descend to Rheinböllen for lunch and hopefully a place to stay at a Franziskaner Kloster attached to an old folks home: Puricelli-Stift.

Ate a massive plate of "Kebap" as all other places to eat were closing when I arrived; very full now and waiting, surrounded by the slowest moving wheelchair bound octogenarians I've ever seen, for Brüder Johannes to return around five thirty. Time to clean my boots and treat them as it's been a few days since. Will reach Trier on Sunday and from there is another question ...

Comments

Popular Posts