Toledo

Black Friday. It's a con ... Can't you see what the TV is doing to you. Dragging you around and making you a slave. Christmas a single day to celebrate Love. Love doesn't increase with the giving of "gifts". If anything giving gifts is a proxy of Love in a loveless kingdom.

I popped out to the only Spanish breakfast place I saw on my travels last night. Like all UNESCO world heritage sites McDonald's are slap bang in the centre killing the tourists on the inside while they walk slowly around the museums, churches and castles and are driven blind by the nonsense they read on each stone of merit. Told a sanitised version of the truth. The huge Alcazar sits above my weary head as the rain forecast begins in earnest and I think of the many who built this monster for the few.

If I really had to rate a town simply due to the number of perceived historic sites to visit then I understand why a city like Carcassonne, Toledo or York would be a destination for those seeking an answer where there is none. Some truth peaking from behind the columns, façades and pan-tiles ... Or am I getting this wrong? Is there an answer to be found that illuded me when I too trudged entranced by the stones, looking into corners or up into the eves?

My body is so tired that I cannot motivate myself to go further than a couple of streets from the Albergue Juvenil Los Pascuales. And what is really here anyway? The chance to get a haircut and cleanse my soul another way?

***

The one hairdressers I found was for mujeres only which means for another day it'll stay messy.

***

Let it fade away. 

Comments

Popular Posts