Thursday 21st November, morning.

Time to get confused with how long I've been on this Camino? On Thursday 7th I left Alicante, on Saturday 16th I took a rest day and today is Thursday 21st: therefore today is the 14th day of walking from Alicante. In that time the only point at which I didn't walk was when a lady in Minaya took me from the Ayuntemento to Hostal AntolĂ­n because my boots were drenched and had copious water within so walking in them was impossible. Averaging at least 28kms a day I'm definitely at 400kms already - and this was my initial target! But I'm not in Toledo (the end goal) yet which is two more days away. However tomorrow is going to be atrocious all day - according to all the info on line I've read. And I still don't know whether to leave Tembleque on the Camino del Sureste or Levante! One is longer 31kms but has a town around midway the other is shorter, but has no stopping for 25kms. If I go the shortest way I'm left with longer to Toledo tomorrow with the heavy blustery rain forecast: it seems more logical to go further today and do less on Friday? One last drenching at the end reaching the goal wouldn't be the disaster it would be with a long way to go?

This morning I found coffee in the Casa and an Italian stove top maker so have hung about treating boots and awaiting the church bell to chime 8: when the cafeteria opens near here: . They'll definitely be one open already, but I've had coffee now so only require zumo de naranja and churros, so no need to carry on yet.

Last night by eight I was too tired to have dinner so didn't bother: which was the same as the day before last. By eight I'm wiped out entirely which suggests bed is a much better option. Tapas kind of makes up for a larger plate later anyway.

Just a few moments before sunrise and I decided to head over to the cafeteria and it's so cold outside. Warm chocolate and churros too ... the sun can wait!

Comments

Popular Posts