The bad mood malingers

Sometimes I get so nervous when I enter a bar where locals are engrossed in their lives. Behind me a guy chicks Euros into a one armed bandit and the old men cluster at the other end of the bar. I am hungry, but a little bored of Tapas on the bar: but this is Spain and this is their way! But sometimes is not heated up properly. It's a little rushed at times: in the microwave for a few seconds only. It needs longer!

I am paid up for another day(€20), but now the rain got here. The casa rurale is cold, but calm for the moment. Really I think yesterday in the gentleman's home was too intense for me and I didn't start today in quite the correct manner. Indeed I had to have a second breakfast in VillacaƱas before set off on the longest part of today.

The weather gets to folks here too. It's obvious as they're so used to warm this kind of cold is very difficult to deal with. Today all colour seemed washed out in a pastel haze, and it was total except for a few fragments of flowers battling against the nothing. That's the difference for me. There are no insects, very few birds and blooms are threadbare indeed. This is walking in November and I'm truly ready to shelter away until the sun passes back towards us in the northern hemisphere!

Sorted out my kit for tomorrow. Not going to stir until it's time for dinner downstairs around 8. Fully clothed in the bed and I will not perish!

Comments

Popular Posts