La Roda

Another day down. Should it be this way? From tomorrow the stages are a little closer together so I feel a more leisurely pace and later set off time. Mostly I love walking around or just after sunrise bit the last few days the afternoon has gone on and on. Ducked into the first bar in La Roda for obligatory Alhambra Verde, but they also have Roja so it's two. Walked passed an inglorious number of battery farms catering to the carne lovers. My lunch, in a town which feels days ago, was a mountain of the schweinefleisch which is dictated by Spain's love affair with all parts of the pig. It got me here into La Roda without losing my mind in the awful windy and cold weather that was against me, but now I feel I've been a bit unkind just eating whatever was available in the tapas display wherever I went. In the previous town I asked for beans(frijoles) but she only had Tortilla on the veggie front.

***

The Albergue Today is at the edge of the town as I came in and I really don't wish to return to where I came from. I'm going to opt for a hotel more central and pay. I've had a few days of Donativo and it's okay today just to pay this ferryman.

***

No room in this Inn so it's back to the bullring to sleep I must return. My feet can't really take another few steps, but it's inevitable they will need to respond. How will I cope much further with La Mancha and it's long, but distinctly, unwinding roads?

Comments

Popular Posts