The way north.

Good morning Cambridge. Where did this rain come from? Yesterday was pleasant indeed. Almost balmy. People where taking pleasure in the parklands until sunset.

Now is the time to leave the busy streets for calmer YHA and and an afternoon siesta. A new pair of Meindl insoles in my boots and suddenly my feet feel really wonderful - the other pair were really passed their best!

***

Six people in a dormitory is the last thing I need for great night's rest prior to any walking. However I managed a little meander out along the Cam to the edge of Cambridge, before I turned back to head back to catch the 12:01 train, which will be the first of a few legs before I arrive back in Leeds some time this afternoon.

Really I am much too tired to entertain anymore walking for a while, and suddenly I feel I've lost touch with Lola (Hungarian Vizsla) for too long: need to connect and have some quality time with her, from Tuesday, for a few weeks. It's another kind of walking for better Mental Health, and I think I comprehend her much more than I did of the elderly French couple I spent the majorty of the evenings along the Way.

Lola seems to understand I go away sometimes, unless this is a foolish, desperate notion? The day prior to my departure to Béziers she and I had a great day out around Kirk Deighton and Stockeld Grange before we chilled out, for a little while, on the Millennium Field in the centre of Wetherby's main housing developments.

Comments

Popular Posts