The Morning After.

Another day and another voice in my head. The lady I shared the room with is stressful. It's interesting to hear someone in another language talk low of you to those around the table. To get out of bed and be ready to depart I must turn on the light. It was only a bedside light. At the table I didn't respond: I'm not sure it was worthy of me.

No matter! I feel heavy today. Yesterday was "trop" - too much. The straw which almost did me in. I was losing feeling in my fingers and toes: the stiff wind blowing when the rain stopped was making me shiver.

Last night I couldn't eat so went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. Then the house opposite had a light on shining straight into my eyes so I tossed and turned until I felt I could resist no longer: I got up and fumbled with the shutters. Then I felt a chill around four as the blanket seemed incapable of keeping any warmth in. Finally the stressful ladies phone buzzed at six so I got up, used the bathroom, returned to the sack until my phone buzzed at 6:30am. Now I'm packed and ready but lack motivation. An issue with DWP this morning too which means a call back to Blighty at 9am local time. It's alright really as I don't feel I've much left in the tank to carry on long. Perhaps Saturday I return to the land of my birth to see if anything has changed?

Yesterday had a highlight - crossing the Garonne up here in the Pyrenees. A mighty river curving its way towards the Atlantic.

My boots are so damp. Must keep going!

Comments

Popular Posts