Open all the windows

So damn humid this morning. 92% on the app. Not much enduring sleep. Window open then street lighting creeps behind my eyelids and with windows closed the room in a sauna. Strong coffee and sweet patisserie before sunrise. Today I must use the early, clouded hours to beat the 30°C humidity.

Found coffee in the kitchen of Gîtes Lo Castel and it is flowing to my fingertips and the soles of my feet while it disturbs the guts onroute! Purge this unclean pathetic heap of a man!

Remember to look out for free food dropping off the bushes this morning: figs, blackberries and haw-berries. Yesterday was a day of lush French cuisine, but from today I must tighten my belt and be more frugal. It's not about consumption and I'm far from desperate to eat France clean.

Although the mantra is "it's not a race" the sun is a different commander: once it shines directly onto my bald head that's the end of the line ... Get out of the sun and siesta where possible.

The crows chatter in the distance, a refuse truck goes about wiping the slate clean and I've fifteen more minutes before departure; one more cup of Auntie Enema?

Comments

Popular Posts