Onwards to Fanjeaux

Down off Montréal I've the massive Pyrenees boldly lining the South so I can't go wrong from here towards Saint Jean P-d-P. The autumn equinox has passed and the nights are now longer than the days: officially summer is over, but the air is so pleasant as dew hangs heavily and the shades of green I see reflected are peaceful indeed; a dove calls from the telegraph pole and the agricultural morning also begins. 13 kilometres is a stroll

Tomatoes, glorious tomatoes. No one around for miles. There are so many that they won't miss a couple? Gleaning season as I pilfer some walnuts too!

Up a very steep and winding path into the Monastery town and now it's time to rest a while in a comfortable bed in a wooden cell, while my sweaty clothes dry out in the beautiful morning.

Comments

Popular Posts