Mirepoix

Of course they brought forth juniper berries, here on this exposed spot, they're juniper bushes: still excellent - but minus the gin "boo hiss" I hear a certain voice cry out!

Soon I'll be needing to do a laundry of all my underthings, but not yet as I'm sure there are two sides to every gusset? Day seven going into eight I reckon I've at least 12 days of sweating my proverbials off before I smell too much like my old man for my own comfort - I am even smelling like a 60 a day man too, which I really don't understand as I've never smoked ciggies. And being caught in a downpour means I am being launderetted for free, without Persil - parsley!

And it's done! I'm staying with a family later. Not paying an absent Chambre d'hôtes £25 for a bed and a microwave - that's taking the piss! Am I talking to the wrong people by consulting the Office du Tourisme? I've to wait next to the La Poste, but currently I'm at The House of Consuls with a local wine: Corbière.

That was six hours without respite. No break, apart from to piss, take a swig and eat a boiled egg (twice) and I made it just in time for midday meal - usually last orders are at 2pm. Full and a bit merry: but tomorrow is 36 kilometres to Pamiers.

Comments

Popular Posts