Father!

He took no interest in me at any point in my life.
Did he assist me with my learning?

Finished school in 1992.
Jared moved me to Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Pizza Hut with Jared in 1992 as a thank you (or was that Jason)?
Fled from Jesmond in 1995.

"Now go and get a job" - thrown down the coal mine! Must I must go? Echo echo echo.
Thomas moved me out of university.
Invitations to Tom in every YHA I worked..
Father?
He died in 2001.

It was such a weight off my back.
But then I stare back at the chaos.
My life was ruined so many years ago.

For most of my life I thought I made myself.
Now I realise I made none of me.
My perception is always a distortion.
It's still hard to reconcile.

Forgive myself my illusions.

Dad came back from Australia in 1989 unwillingly with mother around his neck.
Dad returned from Australia with his cap in hand and tail between his legs.

It didn't work. He was always at war with his son who he made distant. Where were you father?

Comments

Popular Posts