the trouble getting motivated... day two.

Woken with a start in the wee hours: some consistent explosion - at first I thought someone was trying to break into the Alberg, then I assumed it was an intermittent firework, but on leaving it became clear it was crow scarers on the Delta.

The forecast for today is playing with my mind: 33°C, but I am in the usual position drinking a second coffee before I consider departing earlier than expected. I could hang on until 8... But I've got to cling to the edge of the hope I can manage the distance without heat stroke.

Started my day packing away the stuff I'd washed, folding clothes and repacking the sleeping bag I slept on: it was too warm for being in it: sod the mosquito risk. Walking up to the bridge which crosses the Ebro, the original one from 1921.


There is little that a coffee, a patisserie and a glass of orange juice can't fix. Now in the usual place to get ready to depart once more! I've discovered I am layered in bites. And I was clearly sat below a tree for a little while away from the sun, but right in the vipers nest?

***

It's quite fresh before 8 as I followed the left bank of a canal which takes waters from the Ebro to the irrigation on the Delta. Water cools the air down. I must stick to the Ebro until the weather becomes more reasonable for June?

Comments

Popular Posts