Wednesday 4th March, day 4.2.

Tonight I feel truly blessed indeed. Firstly, although I had to wait two hours for Brüder Johannes to return from his excursion with some of the clients, I had time to treat my boots prior to the long day tomorrow. Secondly he was very helpful and provided me with a clean, warm and spacious Brüderapartement - no 16 - where I had a shower (the first comprehensive cleanse since Saturday at Mike and Steffi's in Bad Vilbel. Thirdly he brought me some items for eating tomorrow - namely four eggs ready to boil and a bottle of the German equivalent of Supermalt called Kandi Malz. And, most importantly, he gave me a Franziskaner Kreuz, which I will wear with pride, as well as a blessing for my journey onwards - ulterïa - Gute Weg! So having a small supper, because the Kebap was massive, and having a quiet night in the quiet valley town of Rheinböllen before tomorrow I carry on on the Ansonius Weg towards Trier. If I keep the good vibes going, now I away from Frankfurt, Mainz and Bingen in a more rural setting, perhaps I reach Metz and call this Weg done?

Comments

Popular Posts