Another Day Dawns

Well I slept perfect until a flyover around four am - we're close to Hahn Airport here - feeling the persistent pain in my right shoulder I always struggle back to sleep once I'm awake and so I got up around six thirty.

Everything is dried and repacked. Suddenly I feel a little weary. This is mental as well as physical: fatigue is a deep weariness.

On The Way I've been looking for some answer around the next bend, but it's impossible! Outside is not where the lack I perceive is - which I've told myself so often (once I recall the foolish notion that anything outside can cure me).

To be consistently in touch with being on The Way is possible, usually the weather does help - although it shouldn't - but I set off with the forgotten ideal yesterday so almost got myself into difficulty.

The difference this morning is I didn't sleep with the misdirection of having to endorse local beer! In Kirchberg, because it screamed local brewery, I was lobotomised and myopically focused and, even though a Kneipe (Pils-stube) was the only place I could sample Kirner Landbier, I went there to suffer the smoke and joke atmosphere and in the Pilgerherberge had a beer called Pilger too - from Paderborn - it did me zero favours.

Yesterday I was not prepared. That's the thing I lose frequently. Focus comes and goes - and now I punish myself for the mistake yesterday was. To be ready for 'the moment' seems such a bizarre strategy, but there are definitely ways to let it come?

Two more days to Trier. How difficult is it to stay outside of that other way? At the very least I was protected from my own indeterminacy; which is fortunate in the extreme!

Great breakfast at the Alte Schule B&B and now I'm just about safe from disaster. It's not raining currently so it's time to get on The Way.

Comments

Popular Posts