Once more into the wind!

The rule which states that 24hr news must be relayed in every café in the world is definitely part of the problem. It's either that or some overwhelming music - on the radio or TV channel banging against the head of morning peace. It's planned to keep the masses in their fearful places stressed by the projection. In my society all TV would be banned in such social places as cafés  - in days gone by they were a forum for the disenfranchised who could go to discuss, consider, debate and change the way. Or I'm I wrong? Are the lower classes ever going to overrule the ways of the 1%? The peasants will remain peasants and perhaps that's a good thing ...

It's time to leave another café for another day on The Way. The gentleman running the bar tells me it's going to be very fresh today - I ask does it ever stop being windy on La Mancha ... This is The Way and I'm definitely winning time off in Purgatory - whatever. Guilt has driven me mad! What have I really done to fear being judged unworthy of this body?

***

So boring. Not a feature on the horizon. No fun. This wind is unceasing and increasing. It's become a race to find some shelter ...so i am beginning to lose the plot on La Mancha and I'm screaming to the wind in general. How many more days of the same? 20 kilometres into the wind. From almost after I left Albecate I needed to turn away inside to the monotonous outside: it has been a while but the Lonely Heart's Club Band was me companion for a swift hour. And that was an hour happily away from this bleak gale. How many days until I see the boundary of La Mancha? This is Landes but without the tree cover! But now I've eaten a pile of meat and a couple of tomatoes and it's definitely time to walk into the gale again!

***

The sun has come out and it's a little less breezy and I'm steadily climbing. It's my seventh day from Alicante. My, I want a rest day, but I reckon I can keep going onwards until Saturday? There is some greenery on the horizon and a line of trees directly ahead! Want to stop for water and some grapes and I think once I reach the canal ... sod it grapes now while I piss away from the wind!

Comments

Popular Posts