Journal Entry 03. 14/02/2024

The long return to Leeds, UK begins.. toilet at 3:30am. Clothes and boots on. Hot drink at 4am: cocoa as only instant coffee otherwise. Will set off at 4:10am. Broken night's sleep. Around 12 midnight two of the guests sharing the room had only just returned from whatever they had been doing all day long and a forth person put in an appearance around 11... The door entry system makes a God awful noise so switching off was really impossible while there was a lot of comings and goings. But I did sleep in places between 8pm and the alarm...

My day is just beginning. For four chicas it's just ending. It was Shrove Tuesday. It's Ash Wednesday. The start of Lent. The moveable feast of Easter.

Easily through security and passport control. The vast majority of bums on seats are those heading to Londres. I am not so lucky. I've another two legs, at least, until I head up Albion Street or Briggate to Merrion or North Street. It's ages since I visited London: two years ago when Mike and I walked to Winchester: which was fun. We didn't fall out too much and by the time we said goodbye in London, as I continued towards Cambridge from Lewes, we were OK again. I guess it was tough for him doing what I take for granted - even with a poorly foot...

Long day travelling back. Had a few beers (five pints) after I'd been to change my library book (Motorcycle Diaries for Of Mice and Men) and I left The Brunswick at 6pm came back and ate healthily. Sardines from Tavira, onions, garlic, z'aatar, marrow fat peas - no carbohydrates. And did a wash. Soundly asleep around 7:30. Put a wash on. Woke up at 1:30 and put it out to dry on the rack. Toilet visit and back into Dreamland 6am washing bedding and having a coffee listening to BBC Sounds. Pay day. Pay out day. Back to zero again with all my debts(I don't mean I don't still owe...). Drinking the coffee I bought in Sevilla from Syra. 14€. Very smooth. Mum said I can go over today and spend the day with Lola.

Comments

Popular Posts