Monday morning.

The start of another week. Got through yesterday in one piece. Slept soundly - it's peaceful around this neighborhood. I've always felt France is a very quiet place on a Sunday night/Monday morning as they still adhere to Sunday opening times(no shops as such are open) so it's very much a family day. The bars are open until early evening and a couple of restaurants are open too. But it's hard to find.

After I'd calmed the demons of fear yesterday - once more - telling myself it costs nothing to walk, I've paid for this evening already and have enough (cough cough) for what today throws my way(42€). As I don't get PIP until Wednesday I was hoping I could get to Tuesday without dipping into Credit Cards for a day. €70 per day on the Camino seems expensive, but this is not a widely used path, it's not in Spain - yet - and it's during a time of increasing inflation, etc.

I'd like to be on my way by 7am as that's prior to sunrise over the Mediterranean to my south side with the Pyrenees striding to meet me as I head to the pass through into (Spanish) Catalonia.

Comments

Popular Posts