Day Two, nearly all the way to Pamplona.

Another early awake for me. But there is nowhere to go ... and I don't know where next. I didn't yesterday after arriving either!

It feels like a little piece of a jigsaw puzzle, so long looked for, has finally been rediscovered as the section of the Camino Frances between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Roncesvalles is now in my memory as being accomplished. Previously I was forced, during winter, to use the other route when I was coming back from Pamplona to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to complete that section of the Camino.

I could leave all these newbies, or I could carry on to be around them as some of their conceits vanish and are replaced with another... it is a rites of passage for anyone the first time.

In the night some persons definitely threw up. Either their supper, the beer, the wine or all. I hope it wasn't Song, the lad from Seoul I spent the an excellent supper with in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and who seems to look up to me ... it's quite nice to be the village elder and not the village idiot!

Post mortem cause of death: life.

Tommy from the centre of the Emerald Isle said he's so confused by the languages on the Camino he's now hearing Germans with Irish accents! Hilarious! What do the Koreans make of it all ...

An animal with a burden; cause of death? Eric!
A snake, very still. Bored, nearly dead? Eric!

Lunch then onward. Too short for me today. Perhaps Pamplona, but really I want to see if the small castle/monastery I walked passed, which was being rebuilt, is open for pilgrims ... It wasn't and it seems they're still rebuilding it.

...

After 35 kilometres the old war wound was playing up, so thankfully the last hill brought me to a parroquial albergue(donativo) and a 13th century iglesia San Esteban in Zabaldika. Exhausted, but showered, washed smalls and chilling out ...

Comments

Popular Posts