In Urgence Day Three. 9am.

The start of day three and I spy snow cover around. After many visits to the toilet - drank too much water during repase - I slept very well. I was a little cold in the room initially, but put the heating on a notch - sorry folks - and slept diagonal on a slightly shorter bed - being a bit too long is hindered by an end to the bed.

What did humanity do prior to coffee, tea and hospitals... Life must've been so much a limiting factor in decrepitude and uncaffeinated? The road is pitted and stoney with precipices on either side; we must negotiate the pitfalls and sheer drops. The finger is bad this morning. Perhaps the last night's good sleep was last one, if I don't get the health service to see me?... The snow is not deep and I am ready.

***

Quickly I am in Urgences at Centre Hospitalier de Rambouillet, thank you to French national health service and Marie-Thérèse for getting me here. The Accueil was very welcoming, perhaps because I am English and a pilgrim, who you rarely see? My hostess has departed. I am in Attente Adulte. There is only me and on other. If it is FIFO... But it's not my place to worry about the uncontrollable? They gave me painkillers and took my blood pressure, which was 12 over 8, no don't panic.

***

Homemade confiture is one of the best things about French hospitality - it's ubiquitous and, usually, perfect. Their châtaigne/marron was superb. Last night's meal was a little bland though. The dessert was the highlight - Chocolate Crème. The meal was very healthy and I only had too small glasses of vin blanc to wash it down. One should not complain about hospitality, but the one offered at Abbey Saint Louis du Temple de Limon was poor(€35 demi pension) being only sliced potatoes in gravy...

Comments

Popular Posts