Real Beginning.


Last night was a long, broken night's rest, but I got through it and am getting closer to Mainz, and the Catholic area of Germany, which means finding a place to sleep should become simpler? It's six and someone came into the building a little earlier so it woke me. Sleeping on chairs is no fun especially with a very tender upper arm and right knee, but I managed on and off from 8 until 6 so don't feel totally frazzled.

The last dream I had was one in which I was given a choice of returning to my previous body - way of life - or accepting the one I am in. With a lot of pain and trepidation I decided to stick by the new life, regardless of what I'm potentially missing from the old way and who I am offending.

The priest, Christian, who brought me here did me a favour really as it looks like leaving "pretty" Höchst by foot would've revealed a huge industrial area which isn't really part of the Camino experience. To the north of Frankfurt are some fair hills so I don't know why the Weg doesn't try to keep there, even if these cities along the Main were pilgrimage halts in the days of old? The other priest provided me a large bottle of water and, I think, dilute orange juice so I have something for the short walk to find a bakery and Frühstück in Kriftel.

It's Monday and Frankfurt is, finally, behind me. Next stop Mainz on the confluence of the Main and Rhine, but first ablutions since I've repacked all the bedding I used last night.

Comments

Popular Posts