Cena time!

Most of this afternoon I have managed to sleep after the longer second section of the Camino today, which is perhaps something missing recently? After VillacaƱas i decided to leave the suggested Camino and head up towards the hills behind and all along: as it feels La Mancha is losing the plains! Just when I'd got sick to the back teeth of the monotony of the skillet, which bakes beyond human reason in August, there are obviously a rim of mountains ahead.

It's been a long time since I actually got to Santiago Compostela on these Ways - June 2013. I've a memory of the crowds of pilgrims the last two times I passed through. But I've learnt quite a lot about the Way, and how you can be alone, since then.

This time I've not seen a soul until yesterday when a guy coming up from Murcia stayed at the same Casa. It's his first Camino, which he aims to finish around 25th December in Fisterra and the host, who did my head in a lot with his whittering, gave him such a breakdown of likely pitfalls, experiences and instructions that I had to leave the room. When we had a moment together I told him that his Camino is only his and all advice is pointless because his experiences will be exceptional but completely separate from the hosts. I got the feeling the host was desperate to talk Camino regardless of the person, as he also filled my ears with misunderstood information. It's only advice, I told the peregrino, but don't listen to any advice - he saw the humour of my advice!

Too loud again bar. They do like to shout. Perhaps they're all a little deaf? Is it congenital? I'm not sure that these locals aren't pissed: actually I am sure they aren't, but they like to clack like castonets!.

Maybe I have one day left in me? I'm feeling so tarnished. A corrupt bronze where the green of oxidation is peaking through the cracks and causing stresses where time is cruel, as is its nature!

Comments

Popular Posts