Saturday being like Sunday.

A rest day is what I really needed and San Clemente is large enough to hang about in for an extra night. My shin feels less enflamed today too, but I wish my head was in the same vein? Too many local wines yesterday. But it is fine! I will repair soon.

Turned inside for an hour. Three separate vibrations of the phone brought me out of the meditation. I forgot to turn the thing off to charge. Oh well. The sun is shining through the light curtains. The room is very cold, but I'm in my sleeping bag snuggled so tomorrow I start again on The Way. I've not much longer to go really between San Clemente, a very pretty place to relax, and Toledo the original capital of Castile, before Madrid.

Been around the various parts of town and it's stacked with vintage buildings and nice squares, but there are too many cars. Every road I went down sooner or later one came rumbling down the cobbles and it was getting to me. Then I ducked into a bar for a glass of water and a slice of Tortilla, but it was noisy so I hastily left as it was getting to me! Then I went to find another quieter place to eat. Once I found Restaurante Milán, which was calm, and I had ordered Menu del Días I suddenly knew I wouldn't be able to eat both course. My energy levels are too low. The owner let me go without paying and said if you feel better come back tonight for the second plate.

After hurrying back to the freezing Albergue I made the bed more comfortable with some heavy duty blankets I discovered in one of the other rooms and am unlikely to leave for quite a while.

Today I've got the blues, but I'm sure that it's just fatigue and a little frustration, at being unable to carry on today, as I was aiming for not walking Domingo. However, as I am - the guide I am following on line suggests Toledo is six days away - it seems sensible to book my return flight from Madrid on the 23rd. Tomorrow's stage is a mere 23.8kms so perhaps I'm passed the long stretches without anything to break up the distance?

Comments

Popular Posts