day one esmorzar in Sant Jaume d'Enveja.

What a beautiful vista?


It might be flat as a skillet, without edges, and you could conceivably believe the world is flat here, but a sunrise and paddy field landscape to give me my first bite of el Camino. Arrived in Sant Jaume d'Enveja just around 7:30 after a hasty six kilometres from els Muntells.

Time for esmorzar. Just on time for the children to go to school, being collected outside the iglesia and to count the mosquito bites I've just received in the swamp... These paddy fields are their evening and morning hunting grounds? I guess these are European/western mosquitoes because I was miles from people (and they looked differently attired). The hife bus arrives to take the chicos and chicas away, I take antihistamines and then head off for post coffee dispatch.

Comments

Popular Posts