day the first

The trials were many yesterday to reach Tarragona, just as it was shutting up for that bank holiday - being the Monday after Pentecost, but now I am sat at the top of Tarraco next to the Cathedral waiting for a second Café Largo.

Tarragona is fine. It's not as frenetic as I recall Barcelona being, it's not as beautiful as Girona (IMHO) but it is a little less rough around the edges as Lleida appeared to be. Lleida was very interesting, surrounded by those agricultural lands: an island above the plain, but the Mercado was no more.

***

I wasn't planning on walking today, but once I'd caught the bus south, passing through god awful Salou - with its British seaside seediness - I got off at Cambrils. Being forced to wear a mask - which is still obligatory on public transport - I was getting a little anxious so I hurried off before the bus station.

But here I am. On another adventure. L'Hospitalet de l'Infant for the evening then over the end of the range between me and the Ebro. 

Comments

Popular Posts