Mainz, or I go up!

Arrived in the Jugendherberge around six, it's at least two kinds kilometres out of the centre back along the Rhine, and paid out from what the Monk gave me in the Karmelitekloster - leaving myself half again for eventualities to when leaving Mainz. At €40 for a room I guess it's not too bad for two people, even if I really feel like I'm back working at YHA Thameside with its layout and over sensitive extractor fans, otherwise for one it's so so expensive: there was again no expression, or sense of compassion, when I tried to get a reduction because I'm on the Jakobsweg.

Some music started blaring out somewhere on the corridor (and I think someone was also singing along) around 5:30 and now I'm down in the lobby waiting for anyone to appear and give me coffee, with only another thirty minutes to wait.

As a girl goes out for a cigarette and comes back in again I recall last night's dreams, which were both equally intense: the most perculiar was where everyone had these worms finding a way into their brains and changing their personalities while also taking complete control of their bodies. I was fighting a losing battle to save friends and strangers who were being transformed to automaton.

Last night I was going to come down to the Bistro area, around eight for dinner, but I didn't leave my bed - it was comfortable and helped me make up for lack of sleep in Zeilsheim.

This morning I'm going to walk back along the Rhine from Weisenau and pass by the Dom to continue Jakobsweg towards Bingen - I'm in Rhineland Pfalz first downstairs for Frühstuck.

Comments

Popular Posts