Leaving Flieden.

That was one damp night's sleep. At 5am I had to get off the bottom sheet and decided I'd try my luck above the duvet, but below the blanket. Now I'm ready for my Geniesser Happen Frühstück(€6.50) in Bäcker Happ after seven and I don't think I'm crawling with bites from the blanket...today is a mere 21 kilometres to Steinau an der Straße.

It's a big German breakfast at Happ, but three huge crusty brötchen which I cannot bite anymore without cutting into petite morsels and I've discovered the reason for a knife and folk! When you have bad or missing teeth they do the job for you! For how many millennium did humans suffer to eat tough, sharpe, crisp, crusty without a knife and a folk then some clever soul decided they no longer needed teeth but utensils?

Day two begins shortly and it's neither raining nor snowing, there are some fast moving clouds heading eastwards so the conveyor belt will keep it forever changing and meeting me on the path?

Comments

Popular Posts