Reflections from a hotel dining room

From today I really need to detox, both mentally and physically, which was the plan of this walk. Yesterday I managed to resist alcohol with my evening meal and so I was awake at six when breakfast in the hotel isn't available until 8; with no one in the dining area I was sat patiently for the time of activity to begin. Last night I felt I'd been overlooking the other way too long: peaceful within and mindful at every instant. It's so easy to forget this proven path to an instant when all the perceived pains are shown to be nothing beyond what exists in the mind.

There have been times I've being feeling so tarnished that the walk was unpleasant. It's become something of a meaningless ritual. The pleasure I've felt from walking is become just another habit which has taken me over. Although I think that by constantly carrying more stuff in my sack than I will ever use is blatantly stupid and could be making it feel less inspiring. The craving to feel the inspiration and grasping at every step to have the sense of belonging I've always felt before. But those feelings came out of nowhere: they were not forced. 

On the positive side I've not witnessed any of the Christmas nonsense forced into every vein back in Britain and I've been far enough away from Brexit and Boris to decide to give him the benefit of my many doubts about his credibility to put people before his Old Etonians.

On Thursday morning I switched from Churros to Tosada con Tomate and have been eating much more salad and vegetables than the pork products which are at the centre of Spain's very being. It really is time to clear my head and get positive!

Comments

Popular Posts